TEL Conference 2016
The AU Learning and Teaching Conference will be held on 11-13 July 2017.
More details will appear soon. In the meantime, please see highlights from the previous conference, together with lecture recordings and uploaded material available through the AberLearn Blackboardmodule.
AU Learning and Teaching Conference 6-8 July 2016
With the help of our AberForward trainee, Phil Perry, we have now compiled all of the available Panopto recordings, presentations and posters from the AU Learning and Teaching Conference in July, and made them available in the Enhancing Learning and Teaching AberLearn Blackboard site. To access these resources, go the the module Enhancing Learning with Technology, click on Content and then the Learning and Teaching Conference July 2016 folder. Please have a look at these fantastic presentations. We hope they will inspire you to further enhance your own teaching. If you have any questions about the resources or how to implement these ideas into your own modules, please email .
Cathy Beckham has created a show reel of highlights from the conference.
The conference theme was “Appreciating Excellence – Discover Dream Design Deliver”, with three main strands:
- Enriching learning with research
- Moving forward from feedback
- Learning beyond assessment
Highlights from the programme are listed below:
- Thursday 7th July, "Revisiting ‘good’ education: towards a Connected Curriculum", , Professor of Higher Education Development and Academic Director of the Centre for Advancing Learning and Teaching at UCL (University College London)
- Friday 8th July, “Appreciating Excellence: an international perspective”, , Chief Executive, Higher Education Academy
- Good Practice Fair in the Think Tank
- Student-led session
- Presentation and discussion of the , co-organised by Lauren Marks (Student Union) and Tim Woods (IEGPD)
- Internal keynote speaker: Daniel Low, IBERS - Using results from Tell Us Now to identify good practice
Previous Learning and Teaching Conferences
6-8 July 2016 - Appreciating Excellence – Discover Dream Design Deliver (/ )
- Celebrating the diversity of teaching excellence ( / )
- Inspiring Teaching: Sharing Teaching and Technology Tales ( / )
- Why should I change the way I teach? Enhancing student engagement and learning ( / )